I am happy to share that on September 29, 2017, I served as a panelist at Primitive Logic’s Strategic Trends in Financial Services discussion. During this talk (see YouTube video below), I had an opportunity to discuss several trends associated with Artificial Intelligence and explain why companies need to think about areas such as ethics and bias as they deploy solutions. I hope you find this to be an enjoyable and informative talk.
Note: With the exception of Anisha’s introduction, the audio is on the low side. Consider using headphones when watching the video.
- [00:00] Anisha Weber, Session Introduction
- [05:19] Kevin Moos begins the session.
- [08:45] Dave Joves introduces himself and offers a perspective on some trends he’s seeing in Financial Services.
- [14:45] Steve Bryant introduces himself and offers an initial perspective on Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality.
- [17:27] Steve shares a perspective on where the research is showing how Artificial Intelligence is being used in Financial Services, including ethical considerations resulting from bias.
- [20:12] Dave and Jill Reber confirm Steve’s perspective on some the considerations about AI. Jill expands upon this by discussing the customer experience along with privacy and security concerns.
- [22:38] Steve offers a perspective on how AI and automation will affect jobs.
- [24:20] Jill provides an update on privacy and security, specifically as related to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Dave shares some thoughts associated with GDPR at the end.
- [44:31] Steve buildings upon Jills comments about GDPR to discuss the importance of proactively considering ethics in addition to regulations.
- [46:30] Kevin opens up the conversation for audience Q&A.
- [47:00] Jill responds to a question about “what does a company do” when GDPR takes effect in 2018.
- [49:20] Audience member confirms Jill’s comments about the importance of GDPR and how companies are responding.
- [52:00] Jill responds to the question about how do you innovate in an evolving, regulated environment.
- [52:45] Steve also responds to the question about how do you innovate in an evolving, regulated environment.
- [55:08] Jill builds upon the answers in integrates IOT and the associated security implications to emphasize the point of proactively thinking about these concerns.
- [55:37] Dave continues to answer the question to discuss some of the challenges associated with leveraging third–parties in developing innovative solutions.
- [57:30] Kevin and Anisha wrap up the panel discussion.
I want to thank Keven, Jill, and Anisha for inviting me to be a panelist at this session!
Steven B. Bryant is a futurist, researcher, and author who investigates the innovative application and strategic implications of science and technology on society and business. He is the author of DISRUPTIVE: Rewriting the rules of physics, which is a thought–provoking book that shows where relativity fails and introduces Modern Mechanics, a unified model of motion that fundamentally changes how we view modern physics. DISRUPTIVE is available at Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, and other booksellers!
Video courtesy of Primitive Logic.
Images courtesy of Pixabay.